The SDI Advanced Diver Development Program created to make true advanced divers. Under the old way of training a student could take an advanced course immediately following an open water course, and only have a total of 9 dives, all under the direct training of an instructor. The SDI Advanced Diver Development program requires a new open water student to complete 4 SDI, TDI or ERDI Specialties or equivalent, combined with 25 logged dives. SDI feels a diver will truly be advanced after this is accomplished.
What will you learn?
Short-term SDI specialization courses helps to gain the idea on features of dives in different conditions (dives in the conditions of low visibility, dives at sunken objects, etc.) and using additional equipment (dry suit, dive propulsion vehicle, photography, video filming, etc.). The courses introduce useful diving skills which make the dives safer, more pleasant and interesting.
Get higher diving level
Advanced Diver Development Program is not a training course. It's the rank confirming higher qualification diver's level.
SDI Advanced Diver Certification procedures for students:
- Completion of 4 SDI, TDI or ERDI Specialty Courses or equivalent; only 1 course without dives, may be
credited towards the advanced diver development program, with the exception of nitrox
- Proof of 25 logged dives
- After the previous requirements are met and verified by an instructor, the instructor issues the SDI
Advanced Diver certification by submitting the SDI Diver Registration form to SDI Headquarters or the
Regional Office, or registering the students online through member’s area of the SDI/TDI/ERDI website
- Requirements for the SDI Junior Advanced include the above requirements, provided the 4 specialty
courses they have taken are allowed by their age
After taking this course the diver may:
- continue training in Rescue Diver (rescuer) course after 40 registered dives in open water;
- take a course of technical diving TDI - Advanced Wreck Diver after 50 registered dives in open water and after getting SDI-Wreck Diver specialty.