Besides the questions of physics, physiology, and medical aspects of dives, this course considers leadership standards and SDI procedures, ethical and professional requirements, existing forms that should be filled in case of working with a group. Special attention is drawn to training of skills of control over a group, management of accidents, rendering of aid to divers in case of any difficulties under water. Training dives in closed water and 10 dives in open water improve skills of group dive planning, control over a group on a surface and under water, and solution of possible problems.
What will you learn?
Divemaster SDI is the first professional level in a structure of SDI leadership courses. The course is developed for improvement of the skills that are necessary for instruction of certificated divers in the open water.
After successful passing of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Assist an active SDI Instructor during approved diving courses provided the activities are similar to the graduate’s prior training;
- Supervise and conduct dives for certified divers, provided the activities are similar to the graduate’s prior training;
- Improve professional level in SDI Assistant Instructor course or SDI Instructor course (with 100 registered dives in different conditions and at different depths).
Essential prerequisites for participants
- the minimal age - 18 (eighteen) years; Advanced Diver certificate (obligatory specialisations: Deep, Navigation, Night/Limited visibility)
- Rescue Diver certificate;
- Valid CPR and First aid certificates;
- at least 40 (forty) registered dives.