Professional Courses for Divers
Ola-aventura is both certified diving centre and diver training organization that offers internationally recognized diver certification and commercial diver training for both beginners and experienced instructors.
The underwater environment exposes the diver to a huge number of various hazards, and though the chances of risks must be strictly controlled by appropriate skills, training, types of equipment and breathing gas used according to the mode, purpose of the dive and depth, thus it becomes a quite dangerous activity. Taking into account their personal abilities, purposes and chosen mode, we provide commercial diving courses with 3 levels of difficulty (beginner, advanced, professional) for all types of visitor here at Tenerife. The difficulty of a diving course partially relates to the depth of a divesite.
Such underwater events are restricted to shallow depths varying from about 40 metres (130 ft.) for recreational diving to commercial saturation diving around 534m (1,752 ft) maximum and 610m (2,000 ft) that can be performed only with special atmospheric suits. It is also restricted to dive to conditions which are not excessively dangerous, however the acceptable level of risk can vary differently depending on many features.
Difficulty levels by skills
Diving training program for beginners – the very first stage for instructors, with the highest level of safety it provides basic knowledge in recreational, technical, SDI and TDI modes. Maximum depth is around 12 metres (40 feet).
Advanced diving course – this dive instructor training offers rescue and low visibility specialties. The stage can be also interesting for people who are going to try wreck (no penetration) or cave diving. Average depth is about 40m (130 ft.).
Professional diver training – available for people with great practical experience and theoretical knowledge, which offers Worldwide Assistant Instructor and Divemaster course by NASE, Advanced TRIMIX (TDI) and the chance to trial the decompression dives with a maximum depth of 90m (300 feet) – xTEK90.
Diving Instructors Courses by Modes
- Recreational or also called sport diving is the mode of scuba-diving that relatively performed for recreational, leisure and enjoyment purposes. Scuba-diving became a common leisure activity long ago, therefore Ola-aventura has some form of a diveshop that can offer special equipment, air fills, and training for diving. In Tenerife, there is a great choice for 'vacation divers'; people who are practicing and teaching how to dive while on holiday, but rarely dive near home. Ola-aventura welcomes you to join recreational diving courses including: Open Water Diving, Specialty, Rescue and Master Diver courses.
- Technical diving is another mode of scuba-diving that requires special training and equipment. Such activity defined as very risky due to factors like the depth of a dive, which is about 40m (130feet), or hazardous environment like shipwreck or cave with no close access to the surface, low visibility or even without a source of natural light. At the courses of tech diving students are welcome to learn how to handle such challenging environment using Nitrox and Trimix breathing mixtures. The course also offers decompression procedures and xTEK Basics and Rescue, xTEK45, xTEK60 and xTEK90 courses where 45, 60 and 90 is the number of metres of maximum depth allowed to dive.
- Cave diving refers to tec diving, it may be also defined as an extreme sport, due to an exploration of prolonged water-filled caves and grottos in total darkness. The most picturesque and caves at Tenerife are Marazul, Neptun Cave and Los Cerebros.
- TDI/SDI Training (Technincal Diving International and Scuba Diving International) 2 of the largest certification agencies of the world. Both training programs introduce all innovations: new techniques, last materials and standards concerning diving.
- NASE Worldwide (The National Academy of Scuba Educators), known as the only recreational scuba training organization. Being certified with NASE C-card grants a worldwide recognition and a proving of competency-based training.
Ola-aventura succeeded to enter into a high level in diver training and education area. Providing training programs and certifications from the world-known organizations (SDI/TDI/NASE/), Ola-aventura is always focused to continue developing its education system in order to share its passion on diving.